March 20, 2006

A Battery of Tests

If you have a Digital camera, you probably know that Dcams use a lot of juice, I can't begin to process the number of times I have heard how "this camera drinks power as fast as you supply it" or "this camera eats batteries like candy" I was fully aware that digitals used a lot of juice, and was not disappointed...

I shall tell of how I was introduced to the battery sucking camera problem, and how it is solved...

The first batteries came with the camera, they were high grade lithium, and lasted a good two weeks, after that I was using batteries like crazy, several pairs week, I tried all kinds of brands,(including some that I acquired in Florence, Italy, that couldn't even power up my camera!) after looking around at the piles of spent batteries, I thought I would give rechargables a try.

I purchased 4 rechargeable batteries along with a recharger, and after a couple of years I was somewhat impressed that they were still working to order...

I still think that High grade lithium is the best JuiceCylinder for your camera, but re-chargers give decent life, save tons of money and won't litter the floor of your studio...

So, final thought,-get High Grade Lithium and/or Rechargeables.
(or keep using nonrechargers and use the spent ones on making some type of modern art to sell on eBay-you're going to pay for you're bad habit somehow.

PhotHog

P.S. If you don't use up batteries like a water through a sieve- you should be taking more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment